3 Golden Rules for staying safe on Heirloom Hunting:
1. Don't allow your heirloom information to be linked to your personal identity (for example, don't put information that reveals your identity within your heirloom information).
2. Do choose a non-specific username (e.g. a much loved heirloom 'SurreyMaps' or an old family name 'reynolds- kent').
3. Do take care on social media/other websites not to link to your heirloom information (heirloom hunting will always keep your personal details secure and they will not be stored or revealed alongside your heirloom details).
Important key points for using Heirloom Hunting:
• You acknowledge that all the information that you list, post or contribute to Heirloom Hunting (except for your personal details) will be accessible and viewable to all via the world wide web/the internet) (i.e."broadcast");
• You are strongly advised not to reveal your identity via such broadcasting as it is common for your personal address to be available over the internet (for example from public information sources such the electoral role and certain commercial databases). This would mean that the possible location of your heirlooms would be revealed which is obviously not a good idea for valuable and/or items of high sentimental value that might be of interest to others;
• It is a condition of using Heirloom Hunting that you will not hold any person or corporate body involved in the promotion or operation of this website liable if you reveal your identity or undertake any other acts (whether online or offline) that lead to your personal details becoming linked to your heirloom details;
• Any information you submit may be retained and used by heirloom hunting for products or services that have not yet been developed or conceived;
• Currently (2012) the website is for United Kingdom users only;
• You must use your best endeavours to contribute accurate information and where uncertainties exist you must make this clear;
• If you do not agree to all of the above (or do not understand) then please do not use the website (you may use the site to send us feedback via the contact us feedback button).
Information about us
www.heirloomhunting.com is a site operated by Treasure Trails Internet LLP ("We"). Treasure Trails Internet is a Limited Liability Partnership registered in England and Wales under company number OC369820 with registered offices at Leeward House, Fitzroy Road, Exeter Business Park, Exeter EX1 3LJ and a trading address at Teignbridge Business Centre, Cavalier Road, Heathfield, Devon TQ12 6TZ.
We are registered for VAT, our VAT number appears on all invoices issued.
Accessing our site
Acceptable Use Provisions
You agree that you will not infringe copyright nor any other intellectual property rights when using our website and you agree to us taking any steps that we deem necessary (at our sole discretion) for any and all alleged, actual or potential occurences (as judged by us on becoming informed of such occurence); Prohibited uses You may use our site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site: In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation; In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect; For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way; To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards; To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam); To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site. Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We endeavour to assess any possible risks for users (and in particular, for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service should be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and where applicable to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
Be accurate (where they state facts). Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory. Promote sexually explicit material.
Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
Be likely to deceive any person. Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence. Promote any illegal activity.
Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
Be likely to harass any other person.
Be likely to upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person (with some discretion permitted where contributions are aiming to improve accuracy, in such circumstances the tone and manner of the postings will be important).
For further guidance please see our Heirloom Messaging Rules.
Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case. Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
Intellectual property rights
Reliance on information posted
Commentary and other materials posted on our site are not intended to amount to advice on which reliance should be placed. We therefore disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on such materials by any visitor to our site, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
Our site changes regularly
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely (although it is always our intention to ensure that the heirloom data is maintained for posterity). Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
The material displayed on our site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy.
To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
• All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
• Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our site, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
• loss of income or revenue - any loss caused by criminal activity;
• loss of business;
• loss of profits or contracts;
• loss of anticipated savings;
• loss of data;
• loss of goodwill;
• wasted management or office time;
and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above. This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Information about you and your visits to our site
Viruses, hacking and other offences
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any website linked to it.
Linking to our site
Heirloom Hunting is a trading name of Treasure Trails Internet LLP. The following are unregistered trade marks of Treasure Trails Internet Limited Liability Partnership:
TM Number: not applicable Mark Text: HEIRLOOM HUNTING Type Word and Device marks (in various formats) Date 1st February 2012 Status Not applicable Classes Not applicable
At our discretion we may record significant updates or changes below:
23 February 2012 First version posted to website
If you have any concerns about material which appears on our site, please contact us in writing via the relevant 'report abuse' button or the contact us/feedback button or by post to the address below. If you have a question that you would like to see added to the frequently asked question area of our site please do let us know, we'll be really pleased to hear from you.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Teignbridge Business Centre
TQ12 6TZ United Kingdom
It is not our intention to infringe any copyright laws and we will be pleased to examine any allegations of potential infringement particularly if you are able to supply detailed information regarding such potential instances of copyright infringement. Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Heirloom Hunting unless otherwise noted, all rights reserved.